Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Letter From Perry


Hello Greg,
I took my first steps Thursday morning in the Doctor's office of the Otho Clinic. The Doctor caught me during the first step and assisted me as I completed the next three steps. He stated I was healed and I was ready to begin the process of gaining strength to walk again. He said I was ahead of the game due to my overall strength and most of his patients are not as ready to walk after three months. I must give credit to the prayers of many people and to everyone at MEMS encouraging and allowing me to use the facilities of Conway Central. The Doctor cautioned me to be careful and that returning to work, driving and moving back to the apartment would come in proper time. I called Chris Marshall after leaving the Doctor's office and began to cry because I know God as been with me during the entire time from tower, accident and recovery. I told Chris it was a good day and he corrected me by saying it was a "great day". I agreed with his observation.
In my daily Bible reading two scriptures have stuck with me.
Proverbs 15:30 A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones Proverbs 17:22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Please be careful.
Perry