Wednesday, April 18, 2007

News from my Conway visit

I went to Conway this AM for a "meeting" with the City about flood planning. I called Major Reynolds (Melaine) to meet me at the meeting. When Melanie arrived ahead of me, she call me to say, this is not a meeting, it is a no notice drill! The day started off with a bang, Major Reynolds did a great job and represented MEMS very well. (I was the advisor)

While in Conway I was able to have lunch with Perry. He drove to the restaurant and walked in without his walker. He is still in therapy, and limps a bit, but seems to be doing great. He shared a joke with me.


I have a friend who always seems to lean a little to the left all the time. It used to bother me so I suggested that he have his legs checked. For years he refused and said I was crazy.
last week he finally went and sure enough the doctor discovered his leg was 1/4 inch shorter than his right.
A quick bit of orthopedic surgery later and he was cured. Both legs are exactly the same, he no longer leans.
"So" I said you didn't believe me when I told you that a doctor could fix your leg.
he just looked at me and said, I stand corrected.


By this joke it is apparent to me Perry is feeling better.