Monday, April 2, 2007

I'm Back


We are back in the good ole USA. I did consider an ambulance job on the beach in Mexico, but..... I missed you guys.
I hear some exciting things happened while I was away.

Fire

The report I got concerning the Fire at Parkview Towers was that you all did a great job. I understand the call went out for help, and as you normally do, responded well. There is too much to list here, but for now let me at least say, Job well done!!

School Drill
I understand the NLR School Shooting drill held on March 23 went very well. Thank you to Major Ekenseair and Captain Goddard for managing the event.

Airport Drill
Wednesday is the big airport drill. Tomorrow I will be doing my final work on our staffing plan. The list of volunteers for the drill looks very god. It is not everyday we get to get this kind of training. Jay will page the meeting time, and I will BLOG it tomorrow.

Station One Yard
As you may have noticed, Summer came before Spring did. The yards at station one, 8,6 and 10 are in need of mowing badly. We have had a request for bids for a new lawn service out. The bid was awarded today and the first cutting should be Wednesday. So hang in there, it will look a lot better.

Perry
I understand that Perry was at Station one the other day on his walker and getting around great. His remarkable recovery I think is due in no small part to his remarkable attitude. Way to go Perry!

Got a lot of catching up to do, so for now.........
Greg