Monday, November 26, 2007

Unit inspection time

I have worked on a couple of different units lately and to be frank, I was amazed at the build up “interior dirt” on both trucks. I have begun to look at other units on a case-by-case basis and found that the units I ran on are not isolated cases of poor cleanliness. I understand the argument that we are busy etc… however, if it were your family member that you were picking up, you would want the unit as clean as possible. With the recent news stories about MRSA and other infectious diseases, we cannot stand the charge that we are lazy in the area of cleanliness. I have shown a few crews that it takes hardly any time at all, to clean one more thing when out at the hospital. (a wall this time, the next wall after the next call etc..) Not only should the patient compartment be clean, the interior should be as well. When patients families ride in the passenger seat, the area around them is the only gauge they have of our equipment and cleanliness.

I am giving fair warning that we are beginning the process doing a complete fleet inspection. We will be looking at unit cleanliness, stock, damage to any equipment etc… We are also setting aside time to do a fleet wide major. I encourage you now to use your time wisely to get ready for this inspection.

Greg