Monday, June 11, 2007

PTO BLOG Correction

I have had several correct me on my blog entry about PTO, I said, "So far in the month of June no one who has requested PTO has been turned down. The requests have been filled by this system."
The answer is only partly correct. What it should have said is, "So far everyone this month everyone that has requested time off has gotten it by either being granted PTO, being filled by this new system, or finding their own coverage"
I appreciate those who brought this error to my attention.
I did not mean to misrepresent the truth, what I was trying to convey was it is possible to get the time off; however, it may take some extra effort on the part of the employee.

We set out to meet two primary needs:
1. People need to know the status of their request in a timely manner.
2. People need time off to "sharpen the saw"

I look forward to a day when the staffing levels are to a point that we can use the "regular system" but until then we will find a way to make it through.

Again, I appreciate you and the work you preform each and everyday!
Greg